Bumble & Bumble’s Primer Line
3 different Bumble & Bumble Primers, what they are used for, and what you need to know!
Even if you have never heard of primers before and are wondering what to do with them I have highlighted below everything you need to know about each of Bumble & Bumble’s primers and which one is right for you! The purpose of primers are: to even out the porosity of the hair, balance the PH of hair, while nourishing, moisturizing, and detangling your hair prior to styling.
Tonic lotion is your medium-weight pre styler. You will want to use it on hair thats a little bit more rough. Hair that you can’t run your fingers through because it tangles. The main ingredient is tea tree in the Tonic Lotion. It has a nice smoothing effect on your scalp as well.
- What: A blend of herbs, vitamins and Tea Tree Oil replaces moisture, soothes, detangles, enhances the performance of products and reminds us of old-school barbers’ elixirs.
- Who: Anyone; especially dry, coarse, porous or colored hair.
- When: Daily; to detangle and prepare hair for styling; anytime to dampen and reactivate products already in hair; to wet down hair and lubricate the blade while cutting.
- How: Spray liberally and evenly on damp hair and work through.
This primer is a lightweight pre styler. You will want to use it on hair that is already soft, smooth, fine or silky.
- What: This nutrient-rich detangler reveals texture, enhances the performance of styling products and refreshes already styled hair.
- Who: Anyone; best for ultra-fine, limp, relatively healthy hair.
- When: When hair is damp to detangle and prepare hair for styling; anytime to dampen and reactivate products already in hair.
- How: Spray liberally and evenly (it’s impossible to use too much) on damp hair and work through.
Hairdressers Invisible Oil
The Invisible oil has a UV and heat protectant in it. Think of the oil as your strongest primer becase it has the UV and heat protectant in it. It is basically designed for chemically damaged hair. Bleached blondes and anything that looks like its about to break off included. Because this primer it has a lot of oils in it you definitely want to concentrate it towards your mid lengths and ends of your hair. You CAN overuse it, so start of with a smaller amount and a couple of sprays. Brush it through a few times and see how it feels. There has been times I have over done it and used too much, so be careful.
- What: Infused with 6 featherlight oils it helps soften, detangle, de-frizz, tame flyaways, ease styling and protect against breakage, heat-styling and UV damage.
- Who: Dry, coarse or brittle hair.
- When: On damp or dry hair before styling.
- How: Spray on damp or dry hair, comb through and style.