As each clients needs are unique and there can be many variables involved, please understand that I am not able to speak in specifics via phone or email regarding your individual requests or questions. In order to provide you with further specifics I will need to see you in person for a complimentary 30 minute extension consultation.
Prior to moving forward with booking an extension consultation online, I ask that you thoroughly read through the following Frequently Asked Questions. These FAQs will answer the majority of your initial questions and provide you with the necessary details regarding potentially moving forward.
It is important to note:
- Extension installation appointments are booked roughly 3 to 6 weeks from the date of completed extension consultation and ordering (depending on my availability at that specific time).
- If you are requiring a timeline shorter than 3 weeks, please be aware it is unlikely I will be able to accommodate you. Once you have read over the attached FAQ and would like to learn more:
- A 30 minute complimentary extension consultation is required to provide any additionalinformation or discuss specifics in relation to your needs. Please use the online booking portal below to book a consultation appointment 24/7 (within this link you will also be able to access further information regarding available hair cut and color services):
- Thank-you again for taking the opportunity to inquire with me regarding hair extension services.I look forward to meeting you and discussing your needs further!
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (I ask that you give this section a thorough read over before proceeding with an “Extension consultation" appointment.
Q: Can you give me a quote?
• No, not until I have met with you in person. As every service is completely customized to each clients needs, I am not able to provide you with an accurate quote until you have visited me for a 30 minute complimentary extension consultation. Cost can range from $300 to $3000+.
Q: What is the average investment for this type of service and can you give me a ballpark idea of cost?
• You can review an extension package menu by clicking HERE.
which displays popular options and their starting price points. Please note, no accurate quotes can be provided until I have met with you.
Q: I want to book an extension consultation appointment, how do I do that?
• Please thoroughly read the attached frequently asked questions and in the event you feel either Great Lengths or Hot Heads extensions are potentially the right fit for you, my online booking can be accessed 24/7 and it is the most convenient and fastest way to book an appointment with me.
Q: I am interested in extensions and also need hair colouring done, how does that work?
• If you are interested in color services in conjunction with a potential installation of extensions, please direct yourself to my online booking where you will find further details regarding the cost of color services. Please note, a consult is required for extensions whether you have interest in a color service or not.
Q: What types and brands of extensions do you work with? What don’t you provide?
- I exclusively work with Hot Heads Hair extensions for tape inextensions / hair pieces and Great Lengths Hair Extensions for bonded extensions. I also provide consultation / purchasing options for clip-in extensions through Global Best Beauty
I do not work with weaves, bead extensions, or tape-ins / bonded extensions from any brands other than noted above.
Q: What is the timeline and process of an extension, from consult, to ordering, to install?
- After an extension consultation appointment has been completed, the hair takes an average of 3 to 5 days to arrive after ordering
Extension installation appointments are booked roughly 3 to 6 weeks from the date of completed extension consultation and ordering (depending on my availability at that specific time). If you are requiring a timeline shorter than 3 weeks, please be aware it is unlikely I will be able to accommodate you.
What if I’ve had extensions in the past, is a consultation required?
• Yes. As each clients needs vary, a consultation is mandatory before any hair ordering or scheduling of installation.
Q: Do you carry an inventory of hair available for immediate purchase?
• I do not carry any inventory as each order is customized to the clients specific needs.
Q: How long does an installation take?
• Although the needs of each client will dictate the duration of an appointment, the average is 2 to 5 hours. During your consultation I will let you know what length of appointment is required based on your needs and requested outcome. This is one of the reasons why an appointment for install cannot be booked prior to a completed extension consultation.
Q: What type of hair do you provide and where does it come from?
• Both Hot Heads and Great Lengths hair is 100% remy cuticle intact human hair from India.
The hair from both companies is ethically sourced and willingly given.
Q: How long does my natural hair need to be?
• The minimum required length of your hair will vary depending on your desired outcome. I will be able to confirm this for you during your consultation appointment, but please review the hair extension packages for a general outline of required length HERE.
Q: What does each type of extension look like? What colour is the tape?
- The tape color of Hot Heads extensions is the same tone as whatever color the extensions are ordered in. For example, brunette hair has brunette tape.
The bonded tips of the Great Lenghts extensions also match the color of the hair.
Q: Can these extensions be colored?
• Typically colouring is not required as hair is matched and ordered based on your current hair colour. In the event colouring became necessary, it is possible to deepen the color by up to 2 levels (additional charge applicable). Note, lightening is not possible.
Q: How long do they last on average and can the hair be reinstalled
- Great Lengths: 4 to 6 months. Reinstallation is not possible with this type of extension
Hot Heads: Reinstallation is required approximately every 6 weeks. If cared for, these
extensions can be reused up to 3 installations - lasting a total of approximately 5 1/2 months.
Q: Does my natural hair texture need to be taken into account?
• Yes. Taking into account your natural hair texture, I will make a recommendation during our extension consultation, as there are pros to each option.
Q: What if I have alopecia?
• Clients with alopecia are typically not candidates for extensions due to the weight of the installed hair, which could be damaging or cause further hair loss. If you are unsure whether this may apply to you, I would be happy to see you for a complimentary extension consultation to discuss what options may be available to you.
Q: Do medications effect the success of hair extension installation?
• Yes. As some medications can cause hair loss, it is important to discuss with your doctor if any of the medications you’re currently taking could cause this side effect. Specifically those on thyroid medication should avoid extensions.
Q: What if my hair is thinning or I have hair loss concerns?
• Thinning hair can pose challenges to the success of extension installations. It is important to be realistic regarding what your natural hair is able to accomplish when considering extension options. A complimentary extension consultation is necessary to discuss these challenges.
Q: What if I am very active or swim frequently?
• It is important to consider lifestyle when looking into extension options. Although working out with extensions isn’t necessarily a cause for concern, it is important to ensure your tape in or bonded extensions aren’t left wet all day. For swimming, bonded extensions can be compromised more easily than tape in’s. If you are a frequent swimmer, tape-in’s are likely a better option. Either swimming with a swim cap or wetting your hair down before getting into chlorinated or salt water is necessary.
Q: How do I care for my extensions?
Q: I like what I’ve read so far, what are the next steps?
• A 30 minute complimentary extension consultation is required to provide any additional information or discuss specifics in relation to your needs. Please use the online booking portal here to book an appointment 24/7.